Monday, February 4, 2013

Bloodied Up

After leveling up my Fury Warrior when MOP first came out, I turned my attention back to my Blood Elf DK. I've leveled him up and geared him up to iLevel 466 in the LFD with a few pieces of Rep gear thrown in.

Mostly I've leveled as Frost DPS. I played as Frost ever since the three trees were revamped at the beginning of Cata, and like to think I have a decent handle on it. However, as I've run a few Scenarios, I noticed that if there were some clothies or rogues in the mix, I was taking the brunt of the hit points, so I decided to give the Blood spec a try for this situation.

Now, I'm not truly tanking, and while I've mixed in some Tank gear, I've also just kept my higher iLevel DPS gear where it made sense. But I've found in these types of situations, taking this approach and running in a blood spec works quite well. I can take most of the pounding dished out and have enough self healing to take care of myself while the clothies pitch in more DPS. It works pretty well.

I've run enough LFD now, that I may try one of those as Blood and see how I do. The world needs another tank, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment